Leading The Way
SCI is changing the way institutions approach education.
We Change Lives One Student at a Time.Our purpose is to close the talent skills gap by elevating human capital and empowering individuals in high-demand careers, while adhering to the highest education and business standards.
Changing lives for over 50 years!
Of employees feel their job is important in accomplishing our mission.
Increase in student population since 2010
“The instructors here at SCI, they are here for YOU. They were more than just my instructor. They’re like the mother, the father that you probably never had. They were that for me. Thank you for making me a better me.”Harvey, SCI Graduate
We are Southern Careers Institute, a fast-paced and growing career-focused institution with an entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to improving lives, one student at a time. This isn’t just what we do, it’s what we believe. Our purpose is to make a difference positively impacting the lives of our students, our community, and our institution. Through our shared values, we strive to build an internal community for our students in support of their goals. As a career school, we pride ourselves in making a difference by providing the most relevant and value-based curriculum aimed at maintaining a high demand for our graduates by employers. Whether part of a campus or part of our corporate staff, SCI employees belong to a steadfast community working tirelessly to prepare students for career-long employment. Apply today! There are potential students in your community waiting for your help!
Our reason for being is contained in our mission statement: to be a leading talent producer by delivering employer-tailored training that results in a day-1 ready workforce. Our hope for the future can be found in our vision – Empowering tomorrow’s workforce. Our shared values at Southern Careers Institute are shared beliefs we strive to uphold each and every day. They are our compass; guiding our actions and how we behave as individuals and as an organization within our communities. These values include:
- Obsession: Customer employment is our top priority.
- Invent & Simplify: Make everything as simple as possible. Look for innovation in all aspects of servicing our customers.
- Ownership & Accountability: Everyone is responsible for the overall company’s success. We strive to build long-term relationships with customers, employees, vendors and local entrepreneurs.
- Continuous Improvement Over Delayed Perfection: Consistently delivering the best product for expedient employment.
- Earn Trust Through Customer Experience: In Customer Experience we trust. Build loyalty through trust and respect.
- Deliver: Deliver results quickly and conscientiously with the highest standards.
This is what we stand for and is the road map we use to navigate through all of our decisions.
Every position at SCI plays a valuable role in ensuring our students’ success.
- Campus Receptionist: Our receptionists fill the critical role of “director of first impressions.” As the first person to interact with students, instructors, potential students, visitors, and vendors the experiences they provide reflect upon the entire company.
- Admissions Representative: The admissions representative is the first point of contact for prospective students and plays a vital role in their success at SCI. From initial contact through graduation, admissions representatives provide support to students in achieving their goals.
- Career Services Coordinator: Career services professionals oversee efforts relating to placement for all students and employment for all graduates. They provide career guidance, support, and skills training to our students in preparation of obtaining employment in their new field. They are the liaisons between job-seeking students and employers.
- Education Finance Specialist: Education finance specialists, using a variety of aid programs, assist students in determining the best methods to pay for their education. They counsel and advise students on financial aspects including financial literacy.
- Instructor: Our instructors have the primary responsibility of aiding our students in the achievement of their goals and delivering a student-first experience. They are responsible for delivery of all course materials and instruction for academic programs offered by the institution, to prepare the student for the workplace.
- Student Retention Specialist: Student retention specialists are charged with creating environments and opportunities that empower students to become informed, self-directed, and active participants in their own educational planning and success.
- Director: Directors at each of our campuses are responsible for the day-to-day management of campus operations. Campus directors, directors of admissions, directors of financial aid, directors of education, and directors of career services are responsible for working together as a team to create an environment that provides the best student experience possible.
Southern Careers Institute values the diversity found among its employees. By offering a range of benefit options, employees can select programs that best fit their individual or family needs. SCI contributes a percentage of the costs in many of these programs.
Through UnitedHealthcare, UMR and HealthSCOPE Benefits creates and publishes Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Southern Careers. To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com
- Austin 1701 W. Ben White Blvd. Ste 100, Austin, TX 78704
- Brownsville 935 N. Expressway, Brownsville, TX, 78523
- Corpus Christi 2422 Airline Road Corpus Christi, TX, 78414
- Harlingen 1122 Morgan Blvd., Harlingen, TX, 78550
- Pharr 1500 N. Jackson Rd. Pharr, TX, 78577
- San Antonio – North 6963 NW Loop 410 San Antonio, TX, 78238
- San Antonio – South 238 SW Military Dr. Ste 101 San Antonio, TX, 78221
- Waco 3700 S IH 35, Suite #100, Waco, TX 76706