We Change Lives One Student at a Time.
Our purpose is to make a difference that positively impacts the lives of our students, our community, and our institution.
Of employees feel their job is important in accomplishing our mission.
Changing lives for over 50 years!
Increase in student population since 2010
Leading The Way
SCI is changing the way institutions approach education.
We are directly connecting employers to students in new ways so that our graduates are in top demand.
We are Southern Careers Institute, a fast-paced and growing Careers School with an entrepreneurial spirit and a complete dedication to improving lives, one student at a time.
It’s not just what we do, but what we believe; that our purpose is to make a difference that positively impacts the lives of our students, our community, and our institution.
Through our shared values, we strive to build an internal community for our students in support of their goals. As a career school, we pride ourselves in making a difference by providing the most relevant and value based curriculum aimed at maintaining a high demand for our graduates by employers.
Whether part of a campus or part of our corporate staff, SCI employees belong to a steadfast community that works tirelessly to prepare students for career-long employment.
Make a change and apply today, there are potential students in your community waiting for your help!
Our reason for being is contained in our mission statement which is to ensure the long-term success of our students by delivering employer tailored programs that result in an increasing demand for Southern Careers Institute graduates.
Our hope for the future can be found in our Vision – Southern Careers Institute raises the bar by partnering with employers to deliver high quality Career Education.
Our Shared Values, developed with all of our employees input are as follows:
- Passion: We are passionate about serving our students, our community and our institute.
- Integrity: We demonstrate a commitment to integrity and ethics, and show respect for all individuals.
- Student Experience: Adding relevant value to the student’s experience is at the core of every decision we make.
- Continuous Improvement: We are committed to improving as individuals and as an organization by continuously working to innovate and improve our programs, services, and processes.
- Efficiency: We manage our resources smartly, deliver quality at appropriate cost, and focus on activities that create value.
- Accountability: We accept responsibility for our actions and make solid business decisions through experience and good judgment.
- Adaptable: We readily adjust to changing conditions, while remaining flexible and innovative.
This is what we stand for and is the road map we use to navigate through all of our decisions.
Every position at SCI plays a valuable role in ensuring our students’ success.
- Campus Receptionist: Our Receptionists fill the critical role of “Director of First Impressions.” As the first person to interact with potential students, visitors and vendors the experience they provide reflects upon the entire company.
- Admissions Representative: The Admissions Representative is the first point of contact for prospective students and plays a vital role in their success at SCI. From initial contact through graduation, Admissions Representatives provide support to students in achieving their goals.
- Career Services Coordinator: Career Services professionals oversee efforts relating to placement for all students and employment for all graduates. They provide career guidance, support, and skills training to our students in preparation of obtaining employment in their new field. They are the liaisons between job-seeking students and employers.
- Education Finance Specialist: Education Finance Specialists, using a variety of aid programs, assist students in determining the best methods to pay for their education. They counsel and advise students on financial aspects including financial literacy.
- Instructor: Our Instructors have the primary responsibility of aiding our students in the achievement of their goal and delivering a Student First experience. They are responsible for delivery of all course materials and instruction for academic programs offered by the institution, to prepare the student for the workplace.
- Student Retention Specialist: Student Retention Specialists are charged with creating environments and opportunities that empower students to become informed, self-directed and active participants in their own educational planning and success.
- Director: Our directors at each of our campuses are responsible for the day-to-day management of campus operations. Campus Directors, Directors of Admissions, Directors of Financial Aid, Directors of Education and Directors of Career Services are responsible for working together as a team to create an environment that provides the best student experience possible.
Southern Careers Institute values the diversity found among its employees. By offering a diverse range of benefit options, each employee can choose programs that best fit their individual or family needs. SCI contributes a percentage of the costs in many of these programs.
Austin 2301 S. Congress Ave., Suite 27, Austin, TX, 78704
Brownsville 935 N. Expressway, Brownsville, TX, 78523
Corpus Christi 2422 Airline Road Corpus Christi, TX, 78414
Harlingen 1122 Morgan Blvd., Harlingen, TX, 78550
Pharr 1500 N. Jackson Rd. Pharr, TX, 78577
San Antonio – North 6963 NW Loop 410 San Antonio, TX, 78238
San Antonio – South 238 SW Military Dr. Ste 101 San Antonio, TX, 78221